© 2014, All Rights Reserved to Morsy Laboratory, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of West Alabama
Students interested in plant biology, agriculture or conservation biology are eligible to apply for 4-6 weeks summer internship in the Morsy's lab at the Regeneration Field Institute (RFI) in Ecuador.
• Investigate plant microbiome and discover novel plant symbionts
• Examine the impact of global climate changes & landscape changes on the tropics
• Study the conservation issues and challenges in the tropics and their impact on the ecosystem and biodiversity
• Housing will be provided in the RFI dormitory, a stunning 2-story bamboo structure
• Stipends may be available based on candidate needs
• Housing in the Regeneration Field Institute (RFI) donnitory, a stunning 2-story bamhoo home located in Los Arboleros Farm in Chone, and in Casa Gorda, a beautiful 3-story bamboo home in a mountain top overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Bahia de Caraquez.
• Food made by local chefs, with many options for local restaurants with great food.
• Clean drinking water, bathroom, and shower facilities.
• Hammocks and relaxing communal space.
• Group activities and workshops.
• Fun times.
How to apply?
Please submit your application with all supporting documents listed below as an email attachment to email@example.com. Application material includes:
1. Application form (click here for the Ecuador Internship 2019 application)
2. Current Resume
3. Transcript: Please provide a copy of your most recent transcript. An unofficial transcript is acceptable
4. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member in your major field sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact Dr. Mustafa Morsy at email@example.com or (205) 652-5541.
Applications from women and members of minority groups are especially encouraged. Application Deadline: April 25, 2019. Selection and notification of offers for the program will be made by May 5th.
These materials are not endorsed, approved, or provided by or on behalf of the University of West Alabama.